Thursday 31 December 2009

Marketing style of writing: Second draft


Why not take the family to Chicken Shed this Christmas!




Fantasy, imagination and Love are the fundemental aspects inbedded within Chicken Shed's, Pinocchio. This production will have dad and the children dancing in their seats, grandad singing along with the cast and mum falling in love with the show's rather cheecky protagonist, Pinnochio.


This year, Chicken Shed present Pinnochio in a revolutionary way. In keeping with their inclusive approach to thearte, Chicken Shed have adapted Carlo Callodi's, Pinnochio, with a Twist! Surprise, music, laughter, fantasy and movement heighten the theartrical experience for all.


'Sugar and Spice and all things nice, that's what little girls are made of.' Is from one of the songs in the show that frees our inner child and further reminds the audience that within us lives a pinocchio. Jiminy Cricket and the audience follow Pinocchio in his path in becoming a real boy. The journey encomposes unsual events that provoke humour, like Pinocchio's infamous growing nose; 'I'm not lying, I'm not, why are you all laughing at me?' or when Pinnochio turns into an ass?


Meet different characters who both disrupt or help Pinocchio's dream of becoming a Real Boy.


Sit back and enjoy this enchanting journey.



BOOK NOW!

Dates: Friday 9th December to Friday 16th January.

Prices: £10- £19.50 (Depending on date and seat)


Contact us:

Box office: 0208 292 9222



For more information please visit our website: www. chickenshed.org.uk

5 comments:

  1. Klara

    Good to see this up. I will leave others to comment for their Task E.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Klara

    I really liked your piece i feel that you take the audience on a journey to the land of Pinocchio. and all so like that you have added a bit of song in to this piece, but the one thing i would say is that i do feel that in all there is a bit to much info in the piece so may be try and cut it down so it is much more easy for the read to read.

    but really good piece

    murat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aprechiate the comments.
    you make a great point Murat. Thankyou, I will deffinatly take what you say into account in my next draft.
    Klara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Klara,

    Great first draft of your marketing piece, I love the way how you use the questions at the beginning to draw the reader in. It actually made me laugh- which is good! A few points I feel could make your piece even stronger;

    picture - I would enlarge it, to draw the readers eye. a bring a bit of colour into it.

    Font - you use too many different fonts and sizes which I think makes it look a bit messy to read, you want to give your reader all the information you need them to have while being clear and professional. I think you should not go too small with your font at the end as your booking information is very important.

    I love how you have highlighted words this is a brilliant way to focus the reader and also breaks up the text. I personally don’t think you need to cut out any text at all. I feel you have just the write amount.

    Just a note - you don’t have to take everyone’s comments on board if you disagree that is fine.

    I think you could elaborate on the storyline a little you started this with the 'sugar and spice' paragraph. If someone had never heard of 'Pinocchio' before would they get a good enough idea of what was in store to book?

    Hope this help, if you get the chance please could you comment on my work?

    Thank you Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys,
    Thankyou so much for your imput. Im having problems with uploading the ewxact changes tro my marketing piece on the website. But have made improvements to the piece in word.
    Laura, I will comment on your work as soon as.
    Klara x

    ReplyDelete