Monday 19 April 2010

Learning diary 4:

I have had a great response from my employees about my project proposal and have learnt how Chickenshed could really benefit from my fundraising event. One of my employee’s did express a concern to me that I have been thinking about. She informed me that one of the key aims of fundraising at Chickenshed is to uphold the Chickenshed values, so that the company retains its excellent reputation. One way in which I have supported the Chickenshed ethos, is by involving all students that want to perform at the platform event, this way the event will be promoting fairness and equality, thus mirroring the company’s values.

Another issue that has come to my acknowledgement that I have not yet considered is the question of fund distribution. Chickenshed has many departments, but who delegates and decides where the money should go? Should it be spent on students or refurbishments or careers e.c.t. This is one of my projects ethical issues, who decides where the money should be allocated? Who has the authority to say where the money is needed? These are valuable questions, I think it’s important that the students and employee’s have a say as to where they think the raised funds should be distributed.

No comments:

Post a Comment