Monday 19 April 2010

revised learning journal

15th March
I found the lecture on research methods very helpful as the lecturer used the Powerpoint to break down and talk about different research methods. He used simple visuals of pictures to explain the different ways of researching for my project. In becoming more familiar with the research terminology, I feel more confident in my approach to the methods that I will use in my project proposal. It made me think about being more positive about my research portfolio and to ask more questions about qualitative and quantitative research methods, as I am still confused about this, but I have made some good notes, which has helped me understand research methodologies. I am still indecisive as to what to do for my project. So I have made a spider diagram to help me.
















My tutor elaborated on the meanings behind research methods, which really helped me to understand how I can incorporate these methods into my project effectively. The spider diagram has helped me put my project into perspective and has helped me narrow my project topics to two, bullying and fundraising. Out of the two, I think fundraising would challenge my role as a worker-researcher and also benefit my work placement. I have run a fundraiser event before and the proceeds went towards my end of year Chickenshed project for my year. The knowledge and data I collected from this could be used in my project. For my project I would love to design a fundraising event in cooperation with my work placement, Chickenshed, which would include the students work and all, would be invited.

1 comment:

  1. The spider diagram has not come up, please write your comments, it will really help me with my work. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete