Monday 19 April 2010

revised learning diary 2

20th march
At the beginning of this assignment I found the idea of planning this project rather daunting. I did not original take into account all the elements I had to consider for my final piece. To find a topic, conduct my research, to document all my data ect. However at this moment in time, I feel very happy with my progress. My project is focused on fundraising and my final aim is to plan a successful ‘platform’ fundraiser based on the information I will and have collected. I am extremely interested in event management and fundraising events, in 2008 I actually ran a fundraising event. Even though this was a low scale marketing event, it gave me an insight to the positives and negatives of fundraising. This experience got me thinking. Are events the best way to fundraise? Through my experience, we had a good response and attendance and the students had fun. But I want to create a fundraiser not just for students, but for the public, to achieve not only the funds for Chickenshed, but to secondly create awareness to Chickenshed’s vision and cause. The problem I am facing however at present is the achievability of this proposed concept. Can I alone, plan such a high scale fundraiser?

1 comment:

  1. Fundraising does seem like a wise topic, I know Chickenshed are always eager for new ideas on how to raise the money they need to survive.

    ReplyDelete